Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Updates

Well, its official. Our 171 expires today. We still haven't gotten the new one but it's taken care of so I'm not worried. It feels like such a big step in the whole process. I'm hoping and praying that we won't use much of the 18 months on the new one. Perhaps Danielle will be here sooner rather than later. But I'm working on my trust issues. And if she isn't, I know God will take care of that too.

On the home school issue, I believe we've decided to home school my daughter and keep my son in the private school. He does very well there and has many friends. They both seem happy with this arrangement and we can always go back or go all the way home school with the next year. I realized I had come to terms with it when I suggested she go ahead and get a year book this year since things would be different next year. These things come at the bargain price of $40 each. I could have gotten 2 at my high school for that. But I wanted her to have something with her friends in it. Today, I plan to go pay his resource fee for next year and un-register her for next year.

Please pray for us in this. I believe this is the path God wants us to go down. I was always scared that I would fail on the day to day teaching and making up lesson plans. Now my focus (and fear) has shifted to the record keeping. I guess, if nothing else, the adoption has prepared me for paperwork though.

So that's what's up with us. For right now. Like Arkansas weather, we are subject to change quickly. Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelia,
You *know* we're praying for you! You will be blessed in this adventure, trust me. :) Please, please email if you have questions...don't forget Shelly...she was a great help to me when we started.

Happy homeschooling! :)

Lisa

Ann said...

You'll be fine!

Who knows, we have a lot of *junk* going on at school, I might be joining you soon...pray for us, too!

Thanks.