Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Extraordinary Ordinary

Have you ever watched a small child on a nature trail? The way they find everything -- and I mean everything -- fascinating and beautiful? How they can't get enough or find things fast enough and yet can stop to wait while watching some creature totally ignore their presence?

I caught myself yet again watching our bird feeder the other day. Just like I had caught myself watching the squirrels and the cats and other creatures earlier in the week. They weren't doing anything extraordinary, just being the creatures they are.

Yet, it occurred to me, do you ever wonder if maybe the reason Christ told us to be like little children was in part because we have that in our nature. I mean, I know there is a different reason too -- one more important to our living in Him.

But maybe to some extent, however small, He was also just telling us to be the way He created us to be. His children. The ones He can delight in because, when we let ourselves, we find every little thing fascinating and beautiful.

Give Him a chance to show you something fascinating and beautiful today.

No comments: