Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Well, La Dee Dah

I've been wanting a tiered skirt in white and had thought about making one but knew I would need to buy some fabric suitable for it. In looking for something else, I came across the right type of fabric in pink. Unfortunately, I also didn't have a pattern. So let the googling begin...

Thankfully, I didn't have to go far. Angry Chicken always has sewing links on her blog. And as it happened, I didn't even have to print this one out because I already had and remembered it once I saw it.

It was terribly easy. Probably the worst part was making the pattern pieces. And that was in large part because it began with what is possibly the most heinous task in the known world -- measuring one's waistline.

I always use white tissue (like you stuff in gift bags) to make pattern pieces because it is about the same weight as store bought pattern tissue and it is cheap. I buy it 3 or 4 packages for a dollar. Unfortunately, it never has gotten along with my ceiling fans so I either sweat while I'm transferring the pattern or deal with flopping tissue paper.

Nonetheless, I think it turned out rather well.


I still have to hem it but I need to get a more matched thread color than what I used for all those hidden seams.

If you'd like to try the pattern, it can be found here. For FREE. Oh yeah. Have fun.

1 comment:

bekster said...

Cute. Good job. :) I have started a number of projects and just can't seem to bring myself to do the finishing touches so I can actually wear them. Maybe eventually...