Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, December 4, 2009

Distractions

We received our first Christmas card a few days ago. And it really made me think.

It had the verse:
And she gave birth to her first born son and wrapped him in bands of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them at the inn. Luke 2:7

Now, it's not like I haven't seen this verse a lot of times. But the last part struck me that day. Mary laid Jesus in a manger because there was no place for him.

I've been struggling lately (well, just about forever actually) with getting caught up in my daily distractions and having to make myself remember to do my Bible study or my prayer journal. A book we read in our ladies Wednesday night class not too long ago described it so well. She suggested talking to God before you even open your eyes to get out of bed. Before the "predators of your day" come around. That is such an appropriate way to phrase that.

I can spend my day either reacting or responding to everything that comes my way. Unfortunately, I spend my day reacting most of the time and precious minutes and then hours are stolen away from me because I don't make the decision to deliberately control how I act (or respond) toward those things. I get distracted.

And then, just like that inn, I have no place for Him.

I don't want to be like that. I want Him to know that there is always a place for Him here. With me.

So this is official notice to all those "predators of my day". You'll just have to stand back and wait. There is no place here for you.

1 comment: