Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Little Dresses

Some time ago, a friend passed on a whole bag full of fabric to me. She was a quilter and has a lot of grandchildren so most of the fabrics are a little, er, young to make myself and the Chick dresses from. But last night, I couldn't help it. I was itching to sew so I made this....

It is supposed to be a size 3T. The skirt is entirely too long but I didn't know how long I should make it and I don't exactly have a model to try it on. I didn't finish the hem for that reason. I do think though that once I know how long to make it, I will finish it with a little white lace. That fuzzy selvage edge there makes me think it would look nice.

The poor Chick had to wear so many long dresses. I just love the way they look. I call them Little House length as in 'on the prairie.' She had long dresses and bonnets galore. I guess that's why she turns her nose up at pink and ruffles now. But, oh well.

The pattern is offered free on Made by Rae. It was originally an infant dress and then she added the toddler version that I used. It was so much fun, I may have to make another. Now I just need a model.

1 comment:

Nancy Tucker said...

Cute!