Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Cute Little Purse

Over the weekend, I was just itching to sew something -- anything -- but I really wanted to make a purse. I found this cute little pattern online for free. It's called a buttercup purse. Even the name is cute!

The thing that caught my eye was that it could be made with a fat quarter (a pre-cut piece of fabric sold in fabric stores).

This particular fat quarter cost me a dollar at Wal-Mart and I already had everything else including the lining fabric which was given to me.

Soooo... this cute little purse cost me one dollar. Woo hoo!


So simple to make too.

It's a wee bit too small -- even for me -- so I think next time I might enlarge it a little and just get two fat quarters of the same fabric.

Go get your copy of the pattern here.

5 comments:

Nancy T. said...

I have made a few of these for the girls. I made a St. Patrick's day bag with this pattern too! It is very easy to sew together.

Mary J said...

I made this and didn't put two and two together and it might be small since I was only using a fat quarter, I am not good with patterns so if you enlarge PLEASE lend me your meansurements. I really like this bag - but not the size!

Born Blonde said...

I'm the same way actually. I love the style but it's just a little bit too small for me (and I use a small purse). If I enlarge it, I'll be sure to pass it on.

Or maybe we should just get Nancy to do it. I think she could sew burlap with a toothpick and it'd turn out great. :)

Nancy T. said...

Thanks for the confidence! lol

Nancy T. said...

Burlap.....huummmm...wonder what I could make?.....maybe add a fabric flower....cut here....pin there ha ha ha