Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, October 15, 2010

"More Like Falling in Love"

Disclaimer*** As I read this post over and over again, I keep thinking it doesn't make much sense unless you're me. But try as I might to edit it, it still just doesn't make much sense unless you're me. But, hey, there's a video at the end.***



I have recently been struck by this song quite a bit. I think I knew the words before I ever really thought about what they were saying. It speaks to me I think because this was my own progress into faith.

Just read through the lyrics and I think it's something that can make you think. The chorus in particular was what finally struck me as it talks about faith:

Its gotta be
More like falling in love
Than something to believe in
More like losing my heart
Than giving my allegiance
Caught up, called out
Come take a look at me now
Its like I'm falling, Ohhhh
Its like I'm falling in love

I know at some point I made the conscious decision to follow Christ. I know I logically came to believe that He was the only way. I know I made an intelligent decision to become a Christian. But it's been in more recent years only that I am coming to truly love him. It's been more recent that I've come to an emotional decision to follow Christ. As I've opened my heart more to Him, He's shown me more how to love him from within.

I've heard others say before that they made the decision with their heads because they are just not a 'heart' person as much. That always kind of made me feel better because I knew that while I tend to act emotional, I am mostly very rational in my decision making. In fact, a lot of the time when I act emotional, I feel as though my body has betrayed me. Because I don't feel as emotional as I act if that makes sense.

So, to hear someone else suggest that some people just might not interact with Christ in an emotional way and that was okay, well... it was a relief. But I still wanted that. And, although I don't remember specifically asking for that in prayer, God knows the desires of my heart and He has been moving me toward that.

Before, it was a conscious decision to give my "allegiance" to Him, now... I'm "losing my heart." Before, He was "something to believe in," now He's someone I'm "falling in love" with.

If you've never heard the song before, here it is. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Ann said...

OOOHHHH! i love this song...chad bogle shared it with me before i ever heard it on the radio. and that is exactly what's been happening in me...that you happened to notice. :o) thanks for your words of encouragement.