Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Little Bitty

 I recently saw this little project on one of my favorite sewing blogs -- Sew, Mama, Sew.

(Before you check out the pictures, please be aware that I was just playing around when I tried this out. I didn't realize that I had neither matching felt or thread for the fabric I chose. I also somehow managed to screw up the dimensions so it is pulled rather tight to cover the plastic canvas. I think these are too cute not to share though so I wanted to show you it anyway.)

 It was created to be a travel sewing case but I could imagine all sorts of things to do with them.



It would, after all, make a perfect lipstick case...

 a too cute little first aid kit...


even a great place to keep your cash...


I can even imagine all kinds of variations. A longer one would make a great pen or pencil case. A bigger one could carry any number of things. Making this one really had the inspirational juices flowing. I definitely plan to make another one.

And this time I'll make sure I have matching thread.









No comments: