Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Fishy Project

I saw a super cute project the other day that I just had to try. So I did.


This little girl's purse is really adorable in the 'flesh' too. It has a drawstring mouth as well as a shoulder strap -- although you might want to check the size on the shoulder strap. I made it slightly smaller than the directions said and I still had to knot it so it wasn't way too long for Rugrat.


Every seamstress ends up at some point looking for the same kind of project -- one that will use up her scraps. The scales on the fish bag are perfect for that.

I also think this could be a good 'remembering' kind of project. The scales could be cut from special clothes or other items that have good memories. I know that children often get attached to certain shirts, for instance. Or it could be from some of a grandparent's shirts or dresses who has passed on. It occurs to me that this could be a good project for that kind of thing.

Of course, as soon as Rugrat saw the fish shape begin to emerge,  she decided it was a fish she wanted to catch.

And she was hinting even as I gave the poor fellow eyes that she might like to have him.


I guess I'll sneak him into the toy share box when she gets tired of him.

You can find this FREE project here.

No comments: