Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Fishy Project

I saw a super cute project the other day that I just had to try. So I did.


This little girl's purse is really adorable in the 'flesh' too. It has a drawstring mouth as well as a shoulder strap -- although you might want to check the size on the shoulder strap. I made it slightly smaller than the directions said and I still had to knot it so it wasn't way too long for Rugrat.


Every seamstress ends up at some point looking for the same kind of project -- one that will use up her scraps. The scales on the fish bag are perfect for that.

I also think this could be a good 'remembering' kind of project. The scales could be cut from special clothes or other items that have good memories. I know that children often get attached to certain shirts, for instance. Or it could be from some of a grandparent's shirts or dresses who has passed on. It occurs to me that this could be a good project for that kind of thing.

Of course, as soon as Rugrat saw the fish shape begin to emerge,  she decided it was a fish she wanted to catch.

And she was hinting even as I gave the poor fellow eyes that she might like to have him.


I guess I'll sneak him into the toy share box when she gets tired of him.

You can find this FREE project here.

No comments: