Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

President's Day Doings

One of the crafts for Art that I found for this President's Day 2020 sounded like a lot of fun. And right up Rugrat's alley.

So I decided to give it a go.

First, though, we talked about President's Day and honoring our Presidents. After I pointed out that one way we honor and remember them is by putting their portraits on our money, we yanked out the Shrinky Dink sheets. I had already cut them into large circles using a cup rim. So she designed them with "presidental" portraits and, frankly, some pretty odd denominations for the money. I think she even made one for President Trump. lol


I had the toaster oven warmed up and ready to go so we popped them in. And then I told her she should watch what happens. She had not seen shrinky dinks in action before so I knew it would give her a kick.


They were doing their thing...

Until I freaked out because they basically folded over on themselves. I couldn't figure out if my shrinky dink sheets were just old or what.

Then I remembered that they do that. So I put them back in the oven.

And they turned out right.

She was really proud of her coins. And sat just looking at them and playing with them for a while.



I think they have now been squirreled away in her room somewhere to a secret place she probably doesn't even know anymore. But I catch a glimpse of them every so often.

Regardless, I don't think she'll forget getting to do what turned out to be a pretty cool craft. :)

No comments: