Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Boone Hall

So, yesterday, I went on a field trip with my daughter's class to Boone Hall Plantation. Let me just say right off the bat, 7th graders are much easier on a field trip than, oh, say, 4th graders. On my son's field trips, I still feel a little like a wild animal herder.

I had never been to Boone Hall so this was a pleasant experience that I was looking forward to.


I really love visiting the plantations at this time of year because everything is in bloom. It's always so pretty and Boone Hall was no exception.


Of the two closeups I took, this was the one that turned out pretty well, I thought. I was too on top of the other flower which was one of the bright orange ones from the picture above.


The trees actually have something called Resurrection Ferns growing on them. Just more of that Southern charm, I guess. Look how beautiful they are. The weather was fabulous and I could have just sat out there under the trees all day, I think.


We ended the day (because the gift shop, etc. was temporarily closed) at a little shop in Mt. Pleasant called Cupcake Factory. They only have cupcakes -- in lots of different flavors and icings -- but that's it. Just cupcakes. And a cooler with soda, water, milk and juice. But it was fun and everyone seemed to have had a good time. They probably actually learned more than they realized too. But we won't go into that.

1 comment:

Ann said...

NICE photos!!! Beautiful!