Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday's Meal

I've gotten a couple of recipe requests for this dessert lately so I think I'll just share it with everyone. This is one of those things that's perfect for summer because it can accurately be described with the words "cool and creamy." I cannot take credit for it because it is apparently a well known favorite. I, however, got the recipe from my mother-in-law (who, by the way, is awesome and not at all like the stereotypical mother-in-law type person) and had never heard of it until she gave me the recipe. Very, very easy too. In fact, I usually use the same big mixing bowl for the entire thing. So enjoy.

Four Layer Delight

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup flour
1 cup nuts (I usually use walnuts because I'm cheap but pecans are really good too)
1 8 oz. block cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 lg. container whipped topping
1 lg. box or 2 sm. boxes of chocolate pudding or a can of pie filling (like cherry, for example)
3 cups milk (if using pudding)

Preheat oven to 350.

Grease a 9x13 pan (or the appx. same size glass baking dish).

Mix together butter/margarine, flour, and nuts. Press into pan. Bake until lightly browned. Cool completely.

Mix together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add 1 cup whipped topping. Mix well. Spread onto cooled crust.

Mix together pudding and milk. Spread on top of cream cheese layer.

Top with whipped topping and garnish with chopped nuts. Refrigerate.


No comments: