Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday's Meal

This is a true Southern treat. My grandmother used to make it when she watched us and we would eat it in bowls like pudding. When I married, my husband's family surprised me by treating it like regular gravy. Make up some home made biscuits, butter them up real well, and then dip or cover them in this yummy Chocolate Gravy.

I know, it sounds gross right. But it isn't.

And my children consider it a special treat when they get to have some for breakfast. I don't make it often -it is very sweet -but when I do, they are willing to do just about anything I ask. And it's very easy. No wonder we love it 'round here.

Chocolate Gravy

2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
pinch of salt
butter or margarine

Blend together (a whisk works best) in a saucepan all except butter/margarine. Heat on medium to low heat blending and watching carefully (this burns very easily) until it reaches the desired thickness. Place a pat of butter or margarine on top and allow to melt.

No comments: