Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, June 27, 2008

What! A Middle of the Week Recipe!

How thoughtless of me! I gave you a recipe for pizza crusts and neglected to give you a recipe for pizza sauce. Thanks Amanda for reminding me!

Actually, I usually just use some Hunt's canned spaghetti sauce because:
A) I think I've mentioned it before but I'm naturally lazy and
B) I tend to burn spaghetti sauce when I make it so I use the canned
C) and by the way, did I mention, I'm lazy.

Anyhow, when I used to make pizza sauce for my pizzas, the recipe I used took approximately 3 minutes to make (no chance to burn it that way). Amy in The Tightwad Gazette gives a recipe that can be either pizza or spaghetti sauce but it is one of those cook for a couple of hours kind of things so I never tried it. Yeah, the whole bottom layer of sauce would be black.

So here's the simple one I got from a Women's Circle cookbook.

Homemade Pizza Sauce

2 Tablespoons oil (I imagine olive would be good but I always used vegetable)
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon pepper
pinch sugar

Mix together ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil one minute. Use as desired.



Couldn't be easier than that right. Hope that helps all you budding pizza makers.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks!! I have all of those ingredients on hand. I see pizza in our near future. But, with the birthday celebration at church, maybe I'll just feed my kids cake for dinner. Sounds delicious and gross at the same time...