Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Did I Miss Something?

It seems like everyone I know is trying to actively lose weight. It's gotten to the point that I'm actually wondering if I've missed something. Did I get stuck in a time warp? Was the new year last week? What's with all these new resolutions? Or is it maybe the onset of summer with all of its drastically reduced fabric in clothing?

I haven't a clue. I just know that a lot of my friends have suddenly 'become serious about losing weight.'

I am not serious about losing weight. I gave up on that a long time ago. I realized that if I have to choose between my figure and my love of food, my figure will always lose. It may take a while so I can pretend to choose my figure but the food will always win. I can't help it. I've become a decent cook over the years. Bye, bye figure.

And quite frankly, according to my doctor, I am healthy. Not like ample kind of healthy. Like low cholesterol, maintaining the same weight kind of healthy. So, currently, I am not concerned with it.

At least, I wasn't. Until everyone started getting 'serious about losing weight.' Now I'm feeling a little stress or guilt or whatever about losing weight. That's my fault too. I am easily influenced.

Someone influence me to enjoy looking like the Pillsbury dough boy again. I don't wanna be serious.

No comments: