Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday's Meal

I suppose I should have saved this for Thanksgiving because this is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover turkey. But you can also use a cooked turkey breast. I have never tried it with chicken but I imagine it would be good with that substitute as well. Feel free to leave out the celery, onion, or pepper. I usually don't have at least one of those on hand. It came from one of those collections of recipes put together by schools, churches, and junior leagues.

I haven't any clue if this is even close to real tetrazzini but it is one our family favorites. I hope you enjoy it too.

Tetrazzini

2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
3 Tablespoons margarine
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth
3 cups cooked, cubed turkey

Saute onion, celery, and green pepper in margarine in a saucepan. Combine the remaining ingredients except turkey. Use a whisk to get the sauce smooth. Add the turkey, mixing well. Once it is warmed through, remove from heat. Serve over cooked spaghetti or mix into spaghetti to serve.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Do you ever use the cream of soup recipe from the tightwad gazette? I never had but it seems like it would work and would be cheaper, esp since I never think to buy cream of soups. Just wondering.