Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer Fun

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. School starts in just 3 WEEKS! And I decided to have a little family time before the summer is gone completely.

The chick just loves playing games, any kind of games. But I don't usually join in because the one they almost always want to play is Risk.

I don't do Risk. Risk gives me stress. Risk makes my stomach hurt.

And if it isn't Risk, it's Stratego which is pretty much the same thing.

So I decided to be proactive. I asked if they wanted to play a specific game. For Christmas, the chick received a Life Twists and Turns. I don't know if you've seen this game but it is really cool.

She had a regular Life game. Remember those. When I was younger, I always thought it was the neatest game because it had the board with all the little mountains and hills with the road running all over it. My aunt Judy had that game and we always played it when we visited. Uno was the other one we always played when we visited her but that's another story. The new Life game boards aren't like those old ones. You have to spend 20 minutes putting all the little thingamajigs on it. So I bought an old game at the thrift store for us to use with it.

But the Twists and Turns game has what is called a life pod. It is an electronic thing that keeps tab of the money, cars, children, everything. It randomly rolls for you and makes the whole game more fun.

The other one we've been playing is Mall Madness. I can do competitive shopping, let me tell ya. You run around seeing who can buy a certain number of things and get back to their color coded parking lot before everyone else. After watching the last part of our game, even the dude joined in for a second one.

So please forgive me if I disappeared a little on you. Didn't mean to. Just been doing a little living and shopping. Come on over. You can join me.

No comments: