Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Life ... In General

I'm getting excited about Christmas. Which is kind of funny since I haven't even gotten close to being ready for it. Instead it seems like I have no time. But that's okay. I'll get there.

The other day, I felt like we had our first real home school break through -- if you will. It actually felt like a school day and like learning and teaching went on. A lot of my stress from home schooling has actually been a result of putting deadlines on us that I recently found out don't have to be there. So I've been trying to make myself relax and not worry about "finishing on time." But on the Chick's actually 'getting it' and not just putting the information into temporary storage. Next month, we will have to make the decision about whether to continue or return to the private school. We are all leaning towards the private school right now but for a different reason. She's missing the other kids and the classroom setting that she was in for so many years. It makes me wonder to some extent if home schooling really needs to begin at an earlier age. Please pray for us that we will make a decision that reflects God's will for us in this.

No comments: