Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ahh, Sparkle and Shine

Have you ever played Sims? You know, the computer game where you create a family, make them a home, then find jobs, pay bills, help them earn better jobs, etc., etc., etc. I used to love that game.

Until I realized I was more stressed about paying their bills than my own. So I don't really play it anymore.

Anyway, if you hired the maid, which you almost certainly had to do if both adults worked or else you'd have flies everywhere, she would come in and start cleaning after the morning rush. When she got to the bathroom, she would step into the shower, face the wall, and scrub up and down, up and down, until she (allegedly) cleaned that wall. Then she would turn to the back wall, do the same thing, and finally the side wall. After that she would step out.

I used to laugh because I wondered who would do that. Well, apparently I would.

Spring cleaning got put off over the last few weeks, between working for the secretary and too full weekends not to mention starting to teach Sunday school again. But its back on and now the bathrooms are under attack.

Yesterday, I played Sim's maid and cleaned our showers quite thoroughly. No one should get too excited. I don't plan to do it again tomorrow.

I definitely underestimated how much work it was though. I was quite done in. And no need to go to the gym -- it was pretty cardio kind of stuff. I guess that's why women from a few decades ago didn't need gym memberships. Housecleaning can get your heart pumping on its own. And I even have Soft Scrub. They didn't.

I'm thinking some decluttering and then the floors are really all they need the rest of the way. I'm talking get out the toothbrush kind of cleaning on the floors though. Not really looking forward to that.

But if my showers are any indication, it will be worth it. And maybe all that sparkle means I don't need as much electric light on. Lowering the light bill has possibilities. Hmmm.

No comments: