Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday's Meal

As summer approaches and spring is kicking into gear, these are the perfect way to celebrate. They are like bringing sunshine indoors.

I really only have one problem with them. I'm kind of a clutz anyway so it may be only a problem I have. It involves the powdered sugar on top. Somehow, I either manage to breathe out of my nose as I bite which causes a minor dust storm or I take a breath and snort the stuff.

I have done both. In front of others. Which is embarrassing. And just for your own info -- even though its sugar, it does nothing for you. Well, it might make you sneeze. Don't try snorting it.

My solution, at least in front of others, is to hold my breath as I take a bite. Feel free to use this valuable tip yourself.

Now go make some sunshine. Trust me. You want to.


Lemon Bars

1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
powdered sugar for decoration

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Melt the butter or margarine and add to flour mixture. Press flat and even into a greased 8 x 8 pan. Bake 20 minutes. While baking, mix together 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and the baking powder. Beat eggs and add to mixture. Add lemon juice and zest and mix well. Pour over baked bottom layer. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into squares. Dust tops with powdered sugar.

2 comments:

bekster said...

Super Yum!

Born Blonde said...

They are yum. I been thinking about making some ever since posting it.