Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Terror of the Boulevard

I always claim that we don't need an electric alarm system. We have two "woofers" that patrol our home -- Rocky, of course, being louder than any alarm system could ever hope to reach. He also tends to put on quite a show. I'm sure if you could translate dog, he would talking all kinds of trash about how he'll rip your head off and stuff it down your neck.

But for all his bark and bravado, I am under no misapprehension as to whether he would protect me or not. I know without a doubt that he would turn tail and run.

On the other hand, I know without a doubt that Nipper would do her best to protect me. Unfortunately, she's so old that I fear her teeth would fall out if she bit my assailant.

So, it's always fun to see Rocky try to protect me from the vacuum. He runs at it repeatedly biting the vacuum bag and barking. Nothing, even my telling him 'no' and Nipper correcting him when he ignores me, will make him turn from his mission.

Well, except his own fear, which eventually causes him to run and hide under the bed. But he's quite ferocious until then. So, who knows, he may turn into a guard dog some day. About, say, 20 years from now.

By the way, if Hubby ever wants to protect me from the vacuum, I could recommend a maid service.

No comments: