Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Picture of the Week


I thought about posting a comment that suggested I was going back to my roots -- maybe saying I had 2 out of 3 since I'm NOT pregnant. But then I realized that this wasn't taken in the kitchen either so that would be a fib.

Looking at this picture makes me think of a story that was real popular when I was a kid so I thought about posting that. Do you remember it?

There was a man who went to bed one night. It was very dark in his room even though the moon was shining into his room through the window. Then he glanced toward the other side of the room and noticed two eyes looking at him. He didn't know what it was and he was really scared. So he said some things like "Get out of here" and finally ended it with "or else." When the eyes were still there, he slowly reached down to get the shotgun he kept leaning near the bed. He aimed and fired. The scream could be heard for miles. He had shot his big toes which were sticking out from under the blanket and reflecting the light of the moon. The moral of the story: close your bedroom window curtains.

Well. That's what I got out of it.

It may have had something to do with jumping to conclusions too. I don't know. You get the picture though.

Speaking of which, I finally just decided to post my ugly feet picture and leave it as some kind of summer thing without making any comments.

Except that I already wrote this mini-novel to explain that to you.

Man!

Nothing ever works out like planned.

2 comments:

Mary J said...

I am laughing out loud.........seriously! still going, the laughter........shot off his toes.......too funny!

Born Blonde said...

I'm guessing then that you didn't already know the story. Maybe it was an Arkansas thing. LOL Glad I could make you laugh by sharing it then.