Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No, I Haven't Been Kidnapped by Aliens...

Sorry to have checked out on you there. The whirlwind that is my life on occasion took over with hurricane force winds.

It began on Friday with the Dude going to a sleepover and returning before 9:00 the next morning. To which I said, " Go take a nap."

During which I answered the phone to be asked if I could take someone's shift that evening and, sucker that I am, said I would.

Not remembering, of course, that the store was open until midnight on Saturdays. Uh, oh. I left for work and Hubby ran Dude over to his youth event that night. And picked him up.

I stumbled through the door on what was officially Sunday and fell into bed for around 6 hours sleep. Only to get up and go teach some (blessedly) fairly well behaved children in Sunday School

and then watch this:



The Dude was baptized after service that morning. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was. That is quite possibly one of the best things a parent can witness. And I was no less awed by it then than I was when the Chick made the same decision a few years ago.

Once we made it home, I made my usual coupon trips to the local drugstores. And made our dinner contributions for Life Group.

And then it was off to Life Group. And finally, our potluck dinner. Then home.

Monday morning, I got the kids off to school, made it home, and started my Bible study with every intention of doing Monday's Menu afterward.

At 10:00 am, I opened my eyes and thought to myself that I needed to get up off the couch and get moving. I made it into the bedroom and fell forward onto the bed...

Only to open my eyes much later.

And realize that the reason some of the Life Group questions had taken me so long to process was because I was absolutely, unequivocally exhausted and it had finally caught up to me.

It is now after 3:30 on Tuesday and after another work night Monday, an appointment with pest control this morning and ladies class at 10:00 am, I think I might manage to finish the week with a little less running than I began it.

So with every intention of continuing to post regularly, I hope to see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about the whirlwind of activity, and I hope everything has continued to die down.

Congrats on the baptism! That is so exciting!