Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Not Egg-xactly

I have always been blessed to have the greatest friends. And look what one of them blessed me with on Sunday....

Fresh eggs! Like really fresh -- gathered that afternoon in fact.

Hubby has often laughed at me because I say I would like to have chickens. Part of the reason is because he comes from Tyson-land where the chicken houses are warehouse sized and you know they're around from about a mile out thanks to the smell. The concept of what I want is completely foreign and simply doesn't seem to compute.

I'm talking around 4-6 chickens in a 'house' the size of a green house or large shed. He's thinking massive stink structure. Once he saw my friend's coop, which is just a wee bit larger than what I want, I think he got it. He no longer seems to be as difficult about it. Of course, now he plays the 'we need land to do that' card but it doesn't work as well as he thinks because I've also been saying that for a while.

To him, I am a city girl. I come from Little Rock, AR, people. This is not comparable to New York or Chicago. But I guess he thinks I couldn't make it out of the suburbs or something. I don't know. I think he's slowly coming around to where I'm at. But he tends to get stuck on his idea of something and it doesn't get revamped easily. So I'll keep working at it.

And maybe I can visit my friend's chickens in the meantime on occasion.

No comments: