Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Projects and More Projects

I think I must have been channeling Donna Reed because I felt the need to make this apron the other day. And did.This is a horrible picture of me but Dude was trying to annoy the Chick (who was taking it) by getting in the picture.

I do hope you'll forgive my lacking the big poofy dress with a cinched in waist and heels. They must be at the cleaners. I thought of making the picture black and white but that could be taking it too far. Just a bit.

In the course of digging through my craft stuff, I found an unfinished cross stitch project to complete. I have cross stitched a Christmas stocking for everyone in the family but (as is typical of moms everywhere) didn't put much effort or time into mine. In fact, I only did one for myself at Hubby's urging. And then only after a couple of years.

The children's stockings both come from a similar pattern set. But Hubby's is a gingerbread man themed one. The pattern set has a gingerbread woman themed one that matches it. So last year I began working on the one that matches his. As life kicked back in and Christmas kicked on out, I set it aside and put it away. The worst part (the cuff with my name) is already done so surely 3 months of tv time can get it done.

The Chick's took 6 months but I was starting from scratch and had never done one. Plus theirs are a little more complex than these.

Of course that doesn't include all the little sewing projects that I keep finding to do and the ongoing quilt I have in there.

Perhaps I need to channel a time management consultant.

No comments: