Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday's Menu

This is a recipe that Hubby likes very much. And it is in fact the one that led me to Hillbilly Housewife's site (one that I dearly like - despite all the changes since the new owner took over).

I have made these and frozen several so that Hubby can pull them out and have them to take for his breakfast. I once made a double batch (or maybe triple) for Hubby's display in the ministry fair at our congregation. They were cleaned out very quickly. I have yet to meet anyone who dislikes them. They are supposed to be very much like Hardee's.

The original recipe came from here although it has changed some since I first printed it off.

Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits


2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening or butter/margarine
2/3 cup milk or buttermilk
1/3 cup raisins

FROSTING
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla


Place raisins in small bowl and cover with warm water. Set aside to absorb water. In large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well. Cut shortening into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Add the milk and mix well. Squeeze raisins dry with fingers and mix into dough. Knead dough lightly and then pat or roll into a rectangle. Using a glass or biscuit cutter, cut dough into biscuits. Bake on cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
Mix all frosting ingredients. Remove biscuits from oven and drizzle on warm biscuits.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I marvel at your consistency in these "Monday Meal" posts! Could you bottle some of that and give it to me? I could definitely use it:).

Unknown said...

I preferred hillybilly housewife back when Ms. Maggie ran it. All of the ads and the reformating drive me crazy. Still, it is a great website with tons of recipes.
I enjoyed visiting with you last night!
Amanda, signed in as Jesse