Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, May 28, 2010

Busy Bee

Sorry to have been absentee lately or late getting things up. I keep thinking I need to pull some profound thing out of all the activity that has been going on around me but it just isn't there. I'm just busy. We have a whole lot going on this weekend.

In C.S. Lewis' book Screwtape Letters, the elder demon advises his nephew that both quiet and beautiful music are a bad idea. Either can and will lead a human to the Creator. He suggests that his nephew provide only noise and that it should be constant to keep humans from truly meditating on their enemy (Christ).

Sometimes all that busyness feels a lot like noise to me. It is good to rest and it is good to be working toward a goal but being overcome with stress and constant busyness can only lead to frustration and exhaustion. And it can only keep me from meditating on my Lord because it never seems to accomplish much else.

I'm trying to be more focused though. I have decided to work at one project at a time. Hubby asked me the other day about something that's going on Sunday night. I told him that I haven't gotten past Saturday yet -- if he wanted to make a decision about it, that was fine, but I can't focus on that yet. Sometimes it is very good to focus on several things in the future but for right now, I need to focus on the next thing.

So that's what I'm going to do and I hope you enjoy your weekend. I plan to enjoy mine -- even with, or I should say, because of all the events we have.

No comments: