Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday's Menu

Here is the picture I meant to include for last week's Cashew Chicken recipe. Have I mentioned that I like yellow rice? It was good stuff. If you haven't tried it, you might want to.


Have you ever had those cookies at the Wal-Mart (and other stores) deli? They are white and really soft. They always have a circle of frosting on top. Usually it's yellow unless it is a themed time of year in which case they match the color to the season or holiday. They always have cutout sprinkles on top -- usually they are dots unless they match the current holiday or season. Do you know the ones I mean?

Well, I just love those. I don't understand it but I do. But I never knew what they were called. Usually if I referred to them, I would say pretty much what I just did to you. People almost always knew what I was talking about but no one ever knew what they were called either.

Recently, I came across this recipe. I believe I found it on someone's blog but I honestly can't remember who's. If I find it, I will make sure and update the post. I thought these might be a good knockoff of those cookies. And sure enough, they are.

The cookie is pretty much all about giving you a little frosting I think although it helps a lot that they are so soft. They are ridiculously easy and only have four ingredients plus frosting. Which makes me even more irritated that the deli charges $3 or more for a dozen.

Mine didn't have quite the same flavor but I noticed later that the recipe specifies butter and without thinking I just used margarine. I think you could probably add a little vanilla or almond extract and cover your tracks if you did the same thing and realized it before cooking them.

I made a simple chocolate buttercream frosting that I added a little extra milk to so it would be easier to spread on the cookies but you could use canned or try a different type if you like too.

Enjoy!

Melt-A-Way Cookies

3/4 cup cornstarch, sifted
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour

Beat butter and other ingredients until creamy. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely. Frost as desired.


UPDATE: The recipe was on My Blonde Ambitions blog. It can be found here.

No comments: