Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Dude's Birthday

As I said earlier, the Dude had a birthday this past weekend. After many creative ideas thrown his way, he insisted that he would rather just have his best friend spend the night and hang out. And so that is what happened. His friend arrived in the afternoon on Friday.

For dinner we decided to just order pizza delivered. I have become fairly adept at ordering online. I especially like it because I can go ahead and pay for it then just worry about the tip. So I ordered it at 4:30, fully expecting it to take about a half an hour or possibly 45 minutes to get to us on a Friday night.

At about 5:10 or so, it began to pour rain. Hard. Like, real hard.

And sweet and kind-hearted as we are, we uttered words of sympathy for the poor pizza delivery guy who had to get out in such weather. By 5:20, I was getting annoyed. It was approaching the one hour mark and even at it's busiest during Hubby's pizza career, it rarely took an hour. So, I once again checked my confirmation email. At 5:23, I was getting in the car in the pouring rain.

Apparently, I had somehow managed to mark it as a "Carryout" order and it had been done since about 4:55. Lovely.

On the way back home with the pizzas, my phone rang. They were trying to call me into work.

Seriously?

I declined, by the way. No padded paycheck would be worth the Hubby irritation.

The Dude was pretty happy with his gifts too. He received assorted weaponry:

and Transformers.


It however continued to rain until darkness fell. The next day, they managed to get in the pool for about a half an hour before the rain began to fall again. We never were terribly lucky people with the weather.

His friend left later that afternoon. And he requested a trip to Breck's for one of their massive hamburgers for dinner.


I think he enjoyed his birthday despite all the little problems we ran into. And what better way to end your birthday than with both a soda and a hamburger as big as your head.

No comments: