Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

More Boxy Little Bags

You may remember several months ago I made a Boxy Little Pouch that was the perfect for say, a lipstick or a little cash, etc.

Well, I had a remnant piece of fabric that I like and thought I would see how large a boxy bag it would make. So I added inches to the size and just cut the short side 2 inches less than the long side. I had a snazzy zipper with a ring pull that I used for it too.


Whadda ya think?

I don't think they still sell these but it turned out about the size of the rectangular box of Kleenex tissues for school. They were slightly smaller than a regular box of Kleenex, made to easily tuck in your desk.

I had, however, forgotten that the first one I made from canvas. This one is a simple cotton fabric and I realize I should put some fusible web on the fabric after I put it together. I do wish I had added another inch to the height of this one as well.

I may try the lined one next over here. Something about these boxy little bags intrigues me but I don't know why. They are a snap to make -- easily less than an hour. They're fun to make and addictive. I may have to give a Tupperware party or something soon. I'll just have a basket of these bags as door prizes for everyone to tuck away the little gadgets everyone goes home with.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it! I saw that same tutorial on Skip to my Lou a few days ago and thought, "I bet Shelia would love this."

rebekka said...

Just came across your blog randomly...looks like you're in the middle of an adoption process perhaps? Me too! Well...I'm more like in the beginning. Nice to "meet" you!

rebekka

Born Blonde said...

Very nice to meet you Rebekka. We are almost four years into the wait for a little girl from China. We are actually to the point that we may give up when our paperwork expires next year.

Congratulations on yours though and I do hope it's a bit quicker from Ethiopia. It's a fun journey! :)