Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Woof, Woof

I have a pair of tan Mudd sandals. Mudd is the brand name. I bought them after last summer on the clearance rack at Kohl's. I wanted them as a casual shoe to wear with my capris when I didn't want to make flip flop noise and they are better looking than flip flops.

I guess other people must have liked them too because at the beginning of this summer, I walked into the shoe section at Kohl's and found them in an array of colors. Mudd had brought them back for a second go round.

On Saturday, we made a little Kohl's trip and I headed straight for the clearance rack when we got to the shoe section. They had 2 and 1/2 rows of clearance shoes and several of the Mudd sandals were among them. I think they must have just marked down a bunch of shoes.

I thought it was pretty funny then that I just happened to be wearing capris and my own Mudd sandals. I set to browsing.

At the end of one row, I stepped up next to a lady who was also browsing. She was talking over the rack to what I gathered to be her daughter. Her daughter then stepped around the end such that I stood between them to let her mom know she was ready whenever -- the rows were pretty tight.

Her mom stopped in the middle of putting away a box to hold up a pair of shoes and ask her daughter if "these shoes look dog ugly?" I glanced at her when she said that.

She was holding up the very sandals I was wearing in white. Yuh Huh?

Her daughter asked in response what she would wear them with.

I refrained from suggesting capris.

They discussed the merits of the dog ugly shoe. Then she dropped one within INCHES of MY foot wearing the SAME style shoe and tried one on.

"Um, no, I don't think so" (or something similar) twisting her foot back and forth RIGHT NEXT TO MY FOOT.

Then she pulled it off and put it back in the box on the shelf. At this point, I was just amused that any two people could be so oblivious.

As her daughter wandered off, she looked at me and laughed, shrugging her shoulders, and repeating with a chuckle, "dog ugly." She was obviously delighted at her descriptive creativity. Still not having noticed that I was wearing the SAME shoe, she sauntered off after her daughter chuckling to herself.

And I walked out of the store barefoot.





P.S. Not really. I walked out in my comfortable sandals also chuckling to myself.

No comments: