Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday's Menu

I thought I had shared this recipe but apparently not. At least, its not listed on my sidebar so I am assuming I have not shared it before. If I have, just ignore me.

I decided to try this some time ago just for something new. I was kind of surprised when everyone seemed to love it. I guess I still haven't gotten over my children growing up enough to like things besides pizza, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets.

It's a fairly simple recipe. If you don't want to mess with spices, you could always just use a package of taco seasoning. The original recipe can be found here.



Taco Salad

2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground turkey (or ground beef)
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 19-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup salsa (optional)
2 cups shredded lettuce

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion is tender. Add the turkey/beef and stir until crumbly and cooked through. Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, kidney beans and salsa. Cook over medium heat until simmering and heated through (about 5 minutes). Divide the lettuce among serving plates. Spoon turkey mixture over to serve.


No comments: