Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday's Menu

I thought I had shared this recipe but apparently not. At least, its not listed on my sidebar so I am assuming I have not shared it before. If I have, just ignore me.

I decided to try this some time ago just for something new. I was kind of surprised when everyone seemed to love it. I guess I still haven't gotten over my children growing up enough to like things besides pizza, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets.

It's a fairly simple recipe. If you don't want to mess with spices, you could always just use a package of taco seasoning. The original recipe can be found here.



Taco Salad

2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground turkey (or ground beef)
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 19-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup salsa (optional)
2 cups shredded lettuce

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion is tender. Add the turkey/beef and stir until crumbly and cooked through. Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, kidney beans and salsa. Cook over medium heat until simmering and heated through (about 5 minutes). Divide the lettuce among serving plates. Spoon turkey mixture over to serve.


No comments: