Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday's Menu

A friend of mine gave me an idea last night for today's recipe. I have been making meatloaf since I was a young teen. But one thing I've learned is that everybody -- and I mean every body -- makes it different.

This is my basic foundation sort of recipe. When I make it, I generally do a 'throw in some of this, throw in some of that' kind of thing. It's probably only one of two or three things I make that I do that with. I pretty much always need a recipe. Now, once I have that, I go hog wild and do all the damage I will. But I need a recipe to begin with.

Except for meatloaf. So, take a look at my list of ingredients and tell me what else you put in. Or what you put in instead. I'm really curious.

Meatloaf

1 1b. ground beef
bread crumbs OR crumbled crackers
1 egg
about a 1/2 cup ketchup or more if you like (plus some to drizzle on top)
garlic powder, salt, and pepper or other spices
finely chopped onion
shredded cheddar cheese - sometimes
about a handful of flour (appx. 1/4 cup)

Mix it all together (I use a spoon though some people swear it isn't meatloaf if you don't mix it with your hands - but, you know, eww). Press into a greased pan - or muffin tins for individual ones. Drizzle lines of ketchup on top. Bake at 350 about 35 minutes or until you stick a knife in it and can tell its done.

No comments: