Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday's Menu

A friend of mine gave me an idea last night for today's recipe. I have been making meatloaf since I was a young teen. But one thing I've learned is that everybody -- and I mean every body -- makes it different.

This is my basic foundation sort of recipe. When I make it, I generally do a 'throw in some of this, throw in some of that' kind of thing. It's probably only one of two or three things I make that I do that with. I pretty much always need a recipe. Now, once I have that, I go hog wild and do all the damage I will. But I need a recipe to begin with.

Except for meatloaf. So, take a look at my list of ingredients and tell me what else you put in. Or what you put in instead. I'm really curious.

Meatloaf

1 1b. ground beef
bread crumbs OR crumbled crackers
1 egg
about a 1/2 cup ketchup or more if you like (plus some to drizzle on top)
garlic powder, salt, and pepper or other spices
finely chopped onion
shredded cheddar cheese - sometimes
about a handful of flour (appx. 1/4 cup)

Mix it all together (I use a spoon though some people swear it isn't meatloaf if you don't mix it with your hands - but, you know, eww). Press into a greased pan - or muffin tins for individual ones. Drizzle lines of ketchup on top. Bake at 350 about 35 minutes or until you stick a knife in it and can tell its done.

No comments: