Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A New Nightie

The Rugrat has plenty of winter pjs but, as our weather here jumps back and forth between cold and warm, I've noticed that she really only has one summer nightgown. So I decided to make her one that works for the springtime evenings I'm looking forward to... short sleeves but long enough to cover her legs. A little warm but cool too. I wanted a very simple, basic night gown. I think it worked out.

I had this nursery rhyme fabric that a friend gave me. I used Butterick pattern 4647 (which was consequently used to make the pajamas we took with us to China as well). I think it turned out pretty well.

The Rugrat thought so too. She gave her opinion -- "Pree tee." That's gotta be success.

On a side note: I now remember why I always cut out my patterns at times when my small children were otherwise occupied. She repeatedly walked all over it as I tried to pin on the pieces. I kept moving her away for fear she would step on one but it was an uphill battle. I'll have to find a counter or table I trust or wait for her nap next time.

No comments: