Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pigtails and English


Her hair finally got long enough for full pigtails. She wasn't terribly happy that we took so long getting her hair done that morning but it was the first time, I think, that her head didn't end up sweaty all day too.And, well... she just looked so adorable.


On another note, we had our first post-adoption visit last Thursday. The social worker mentioned several times how impressed she was that the Rugrat had adjusted so well. She seemed really impressed that she's sleeping in her own bed in her own bedroom. And also by how friendly and open she was. I guess we're doing something right.

She did ask if we had any concerns. The only one I could think of was that I had thought she might be speaking English slightly better. The next day, though, we went to visit my mom for her surprise retirement party and I started comparing how much more advanced her language was than last time.

Then it occurred to me that the last time we saw them was Memorial Day -- just a month ago. I guess it doesn't seem like she's picking it up fast because I see her every day. But comparing her progress in essentially a month, she's zooming. I suppose I won't worry about that anymore.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am so thankful she is doing well! God really blessed her with a good start in a caring orphanage. I'm glad she is transitioning and growing so well. Just for comparison, Emily and Elijah are close in age. Elijah came and slept in my bed last night, and sometimes I can't understand a word he's saying! :)