Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Back in the Stocking Game

Remember when I found a stocking pattern and made a couple of stockings for a friend who lost hers to a nest-making rodent. That post is right here. Well, that same year after our Christmas visit, I decided I wanted to make some for my brother and his wife when Christmas got closer the next year.

I didn't do it though. A little 30+ pound Christmas present arrived last year and we spent the months preceding the holiday getting ready for her and then traveling to get her (on about 2 weeks notice). [Not that I'm complaining, trust me. :) ] So my plans fell through.

But I still wanted to make them some. So I did. And I mailed them last week. Now I can feel free to share.

My sister-in-law is a lover of all things penguin...


And my brother, well, he is a hunter...

Just to get them in the spirit, I made sure to poke a candy bar in each one. They liked the stockings quite a bit and I found out that they had been shopping for some just the weekend before. So I think the timing may have been just right.

The link to the old post has the address of the pattern if you'd like to make one too. It's a free pattern (my favorite kind :) ). And they're a whole lot of fun to make.

In fact, I'm trying to decide if I want to make the Rugrat one. I haven't begun her cross stitched one yet (still deciding on a pattern) so I'll be using one of the others we have.

No comments: