Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Back in the Stocking Game

Remember when I found a stocking pattern and made a couple of stockings for a friend who lost hers to a nest-making rodent. That post is right here. Well, that same year after our Christmas visit, I decided I wanted to make some for my brother and his wife when Christmas got closer the next year.

I didn't do it though. A little 30+ pound Christmas present arrived last year and we spent the months preceding the holiday getting ready for her and then traveling to get her (on about 2 weeks notice). [Not that I'm complaining, trust me. :) ] So my plans fell through.

But I still wanted to make them some. So I did. And I mailed them last week. Now I can feel free to share.

My sister-in-law is a lover of all things penguin...


And my brother, well, he is a hunter...

Just to get them in the spirit, I made sure to poke a candy bar in each one. They liked the stockings quite a bit and I found out that they had been shopping for some just the weekend before. So I think the timing may have been just right.

The link to the old post has the address of the pattern if you'd like to make one too. It's a free pattern (my favorite kind :) ). And they're a whole lot of fun to make.

In fact, I'm trying to decide if I want to make the Rugrat one. I haven't begun her cross stitched one yet (still deciding on a pattern) so I'll be using one of the others we have.

No comments: