Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday's Menu

If you've been reading this blog for very long at all, you know that I'm one of 3 people in the world who doesn't like strawberries. But I still occasionally buy them (when they are on sale) because other people in the house do like them. I have purchased them more often since Rugrat joined us to chop up and add to yogurt for her.

Recently, I found them on sale for $1 a pound, a good price, and got some. We used about half of them before I started noticing that they were getting a little ripe. Hubby doesn't really eat them fresh. He prefers strawberry pie or other dishes.

Not having strawberry gelatin on hand and unable to find a recipe that didn't require it, I happened upon this one.

It required about the right amount of strawberries and sounded like something Hubby would like so I made it. And he had two slices that night. It was gone pretty quickly. He was the only one who ate it though he suggested to Chick that she might like it and to me that Rugrat might like it.

You can see that it looks pretty darn good. If not for the strawberries, I would have been all over it. I ended up using a store bought crust (I had to make a trip after all to get whipping cream -- that plan fell apart) but it's easy to make your own cookie crust if you so desire.

Strawberry Cream Pie


chocolate cookie crumb crust
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mashed fresh strawberries
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 Tablespoons confectioners sugar

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in strawberries.

Beat cream in another bowl until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners sugar to cream, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

No comments: