Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

We made it to our visit and back safely. We enjoyed getting to see everyone and I think they enjoyed seeing us. :) Rugrat managed to make it without sleeping during any of the 4 and a half hour trip down. She had one meltdown for about the last 30 minutes or so which was probably contributed to by the late hour.

Chick had been driving for a large portion of the trip and when we stopped to get gas, she decided she was tired. So I rotated back to the front seat (where I'm slightly more comfortable). I had been sitting in the second row right next to Rugrat. She always gets very excited when "Mama sit by me."

But then, if I am sitting by her and move, she gets upset. On top of being tired, that combination made for a weeping 30-minute fit. When we arrived, she had worked herself up enough that she didn't want to sleep either. So I spent the first several minutes of our bedtime with one hand hanging over the edge of the bed so she could hold it in her bed.

She actually didn't sleep much while we there. She got up early both mornings and didn't nap much either. That translated to a sleeping in Monday and today though so I'm not sure I can complain. The older kids are still at that age where any soft pillow will do but she is definitely all about her own bed. Perhaps in a few years she will be old enough to sleep no matter where we are especially if it is a somewhat familiar places.

No comments: