Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Love/Hate Relationship

Rugrat has a quandary, I think. Despite her screaming, kicking, fighting, crying fear of doctors, she has a thing for watching them on tv. It started with that show "A Gifted Man" -- the doctor who keeps seeing, and talking to, his dead wife. She caught pieces of it one night before bed and started asking me almost constantly over the next several weeks if she could watch the doctor.

Then, Disney had the nerve to introduce "Doc McStuffins" into our home (a cartoon about a little girl doctor who fixes up her toys). Now, after bath every night, she wants to know if we can watch the doctor (not the cartoon but one of the evening medical dramas).

Honestly, it doesn't even have to be a real doctor as long as the character is wearing a white lab coat. Recently, "Seinfeld" was on while I was folding laundry. Kramer was wearing a white butcher coat and she promptly declared him a doctor.

Tonight I was playing with her while the tv played in the background (giving us a lot of lovely tornado watch updates) and she caught bits and pieces of "House." She was concerned that the "baby cry" but I assured her the doctor would make her feel better. Each time the weatherman cut in with a weather update, she would ask me if the doctor was coming back.

I told her at one point that one day she could be a doctor. She was ALL about that. Before heading off to our night time ritual, she informed me that she would be a doctor. And, in fact, already was.

Hmmm. I don't know about that. But I wouldn't mind having a doctor in the family some day.

No comments: