Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday's Menu

I was skimming my Facebook the other night and noticed a friend was apparently making something called cream cheese braids. I had never heard of such a thing but it sounded good so I looked up a recipe.

They were good -- as Hubby said "like a cream cheese danish" -- however, I did a stupid thing. I made them on Thanksgiving day and that is why I don't have a picture.

I didn't really intend to. But the fact that the dough needs to chill for 8 hours in this recipe caused me to put off making them. Which meant that when I finally did, the dough ended up rising a whole lot longer than it should have so the oven would be free. In addition, I put them in one of the few pans I had free and they were squished. So what I ended up with was, well, not pretty.

Tasty, but not pretty.

I think I'll look for a recipe that doesn't require an 8 hour layover. The recipe I used though is here if you don't mind such things. And I'll be sure to share if I come across a quicker one.

No comments: