Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Little Sewing

Last weekend, I was in a sewing mood. My mom sent home some fabric that would have been perfect to make some little girl a cute peplum skirt. Unfortunately, the only pattern I had to use was a size 7.

While she might pull off a size 7 length, Rugrat's waist is more a size 5T still. Oh!! To have that problem -- tall and skinny!! I would gladly deal with any issues I had in getting clothing. But, oh well.

Honestly, I would gladly take either one of those - skinny or tall. I guess Hubby likes me fine as a chunky and short though which is good since I will apparently be neither of those others.

So. There I sat digging through my fabric stash and my patterns because there was nothing that appealed to me to sew. Then I came across some old Barbie panel fabric.

I literally bought this from a clearance, I think, when Chick was around the same age as Rugrat is now. You know, Chick who is a 19 year old college student now. Uh huh.

I looked it over and thought to myself that I needed to make sure I used it before Rugrat got too old or it would have to be for my grandchildren. I turned it this way and that, looking it over. Then it came to me.

And I got busy...


Voila' -- all set for a trip to Grandma's house with her own Barbie duffle bag. I had some left so I made her a little purse too. Which she immediately oohed and aahed over, then filled with stuff.

I still have four panels left. They might become the front of a tote bag or something. I'm not sure but I'm determined to use them. I'm sure there are some other pieces I could make to go with her new 'travel' set. :)

No comments: