Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, July 7, 2014

I'm Baaaaccckkkk!

I didn't really disappear...

My computer died. Actually the power supply in it did. The computer was about 10 years old but still kickin'. I was able to check my mail on my Kindle but Kindle's don't work well for posting to the blog. The computer was out for the count.

It has been doing the lock up thing a lot in the last several months. But I was determined to make it work a little longer. So we ordered the part. It was about a $20 fix for the poor old thing. Not too shabby.

And then Hubby saw a really great deal on a new computer in the Sunday paper. So he went to get that one. It was good that we got the part for the old one though because as it turns out, my computer is not the only outdated thing I own and like.

The new computer is too snobby to accept my no-longer-supported MP3 player that still works perfectly fine with NO glitches and still has room for more. So the only way to manipulate the music on it is by using the old computer. grrr

Also, I was able to complete transferring my photos, etc. to my portable hard drive. I had the majority of it moved over but there were a few still remaining.

I think we will wipe the old computer and just leave my MP3 program on it. Then Rugrat can play her games on it without us worrying that she will mess something else up. Plus, if the printer isn't connected to it, she won't be accidentally printing things from the games every time we turn around.

So it will probably be alright. It was just a pain to deal with for several weeks.

No comments: