Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday's Menu

I'm finally getting this recipe on here. It is some good stuff, let me tell you.

I got an urge to try some salted caramel cupcakes not too long ago. After some searching, I decided on some brown sugar cupcakes with salted caramel frosting. The brown sugar cupcakes were kind of blah. They didn't really do much for me. But they didn't compete with the frosting - what I really wanted - so I can forgive that.

I found a recipe for the frosting I wanted here. Next time, I'll probably use this chocolate cake recipe since I don't care to use her processed ingredients for the cake.

I have decided that the caramel sauce can be also used for other things as well. We made just the caramel sauce to drizzle over ice cream and a banana pudding we served at home group. It was yummmy! I've separated the sauce and frosting recipes below to make them easier.

I'm assuming that regular caramel candies would probably be made the same way and cooked to a candy stage rather than removed from the heat once it is a sauce.

This is a wonderful recipe to have on hand even if you don't like frosting.

Caramel Sauce

1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt

Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir constantly over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Add salt. Allow to bubble for exactly 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

Salted Caramel Frosting

Caramel Sauce
2 - 3 cups powdered sugar

Mix together caramel sauce and powdered sugar (1 cup at a time) until you reach the desired consistency. Frost cooled cake or cupcakes.

No comments: