Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Quickie Catch Up

Schooling a younger child at home is really kicking my bootie. I feel like I never have any time for anything anymore.

 In November, I was pulling into a parking space at a local pharmacy and a lady in the vehicle next to it decided to open her door without looking. When she did, of course, it was just in time to crush my right headlight and part of the bumper.

My first thought was NOT "how am I going to afford to fix this?" nor was it ugly words that hinged on how ugly my van looked now. It was plain and simply "I don't have time to get this fixed."

And, boy, was I right! I finally forced myself to go by and set up an appointment for Monday -- February 1st. If the headlight wasn't a little wimpy, I might have waited another couple months.

Every time something new comes up, my first thought is that I don't have time. I have never that I remember in my life had this issue. I have felt that I waste a lot of time and if I wanted to do something, I would need to make it a priority.

But that isn't my issue now. If I had the energy left at the end of the day, I might be able to get everything done but after getting the few chores done that I can, fixing meals, schooling, and working, there is even less energy to do more.

I know it is not a unique situation. People have been going through this for decades but it is unique to me so I'm still trying to find my groove. Hence the state of the blog.

So I'm going to attempt a quickie catch up from where I left off. And then try to put a routine in place so I don't leave you hanging anymore. Wish me luck

No comments: