Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday's Menu

 I have had this 'salad' in various ways at various times and it's always yummy. I originally had it at a potluck, I believe, and it had corn in it. One of my Bunco ladies serves it often as "taco salad" by adding in taco meat. A lady in my previous home group served it pretty much like the recipe below while my current home group told me when I brought it recently that they usually used Doritos rather than the Fritos.


I have said often that my favorite kind of recipe is a grandma one, where you throw some of this, a little of that, a handful of this other thing in. And it still turns out great. 

These are often the kinds of recipes that allow you to use what you have instead of making you go out and buy that special ingredient. With the food issues in local stores right now, this one might be a great one to have on hand. 

So mix it up and put your own take on it. You might find a new favorite.

Just be sure you note what you did so you don't have problems recreating it. :)

The original recipe came from here.


Catalina Salad

1 head of lettuce (either chopped or shredded)

1 large tomato, diced (or cherry tomatoes, halved)

1 large sweet onion, diced (preferably red onion)

1 can either black or chili beans, drained and rinsed

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 bag Fritos-type corn chips

1 cup catalina (california french) dressing


Toss together all ingredients except corn chips and dressing. Chill. Before serving, mix in the corn chips. Toss all together with dressing and serve immediately. 

Note: Chips will get soggy so wait until serving to add them in and be aware that leftovers will be soft as well.

No comments: