Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday's Meal

or, er, breakfast.

Today is back to school day from spring break. One of my children's (as well as us adults) favorite breakfasts is Chocolate Chip Muffins. You could also put peanut butter chips or any other sweet addition as well as nuts, sunflower seeds or I suppose even things like dates and raisins in them. So I hope you enjoy them.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Mix in chocolate chips. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture. In a small bowl mix together milk, egg and margarine. Pour into dry ingredients. Blend just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Makes one dozen muffins.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun recipe! My kids love muffins and chocolate chips and I bet they will love them even more in the same recipe!

Born Blonde said...

My kids and yours would be very good friends! :)

Mrs. Darling said...

Can anything beat a good muffin? I dont think so. Thanks for this recipe. My kids will be delighted!

Pieces said...

I'm looking forward to trying this next week for our Spring break!

Born Blonde said...

My kids are always happy when I make these. I hope yours like them too.

Once you get the hang of them, you can make them on school mornings too.

Let me know what they think, everybody.

jillytacy said...

Sounds yummy! I was thinking it might be good to make a mix with this recipe that I could pull out and make quickly. I think I might try that.

Born Blonde said...

Actually, I have been known to put the dry ingredients together in a covered bowl on the counter the night before. And to put the three wet ingredients mixed together in a bowl in the fridge. Then in the morning, all you do is dump them together and put it in the muffin tin to bake.

It hadn't occurred to me to mix up the dry ingredients to keep in the pantry though. Hmmm.