Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cheap Thrills

One of the blogs I read had a post about her favorite inexpensive thing that helped her wake up in the morning. I don't know that I have one for morning but I have been thinking about it. Probably the thing that helps start my day off right most is my round brush. It helps the hair dryer make my hair look smooth (as opposed to Medusa like frizzy) and encourages the little flip at the ends. It cost me all of $1 at the Dollar Tree.

But I was wondering about things like that. Things that kind of pamper you. But are actually in a normal person's budget (hers was $10 and under). Like pens. When I have (what I call) a fat pen. I just love big round ballpoint pens. And you can almost always find a couple or three to a package for a dollar or so. I like my Arbonne hand lotion. I don't think I've ever had to pay the real price because I always get it for $6 when I buy my other products. But I love that stuff. And in case you didn't know, I am a container freak. I love containers -- bowls, boxes, chests, practical or decorative. I especially love unusual ones. And I can usually get some nice ones for under $10.

So I was wondering, what's your cheap thrill? What makes you feel special along with your pocketbook? I'd love for you to share. Maybe I can find another cheap thrill too.

2 comments:

phyllis said...

I love to find clothes on sale. The more the sale the bigger the thrill. Baby clothes are the best, but all clothes are game. anything in the store on sale is really exciting, but clothes are my favorite.

Born Blonde said...

I didn't think about that one. I guess I have to list sales as one of my cheap thrills too. Although if I don't watch it, they can become a pretty expensive thrill for me. :)