Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday's Meal

I promised myself I would not put a dessert recipe on today and as I was flipping through my recipe book, this recipe for 'real food' (as I call it and then watch while Hubby makes fun of me) jumped out at me. I originally found it in one of my cookbooks. The first time I made this, I didn't expect a whole lot. But I WAS WRONG. The best part about this recipe is that you can substitute ground turkey to make it a little better for you and it tastes just as good. And its very easy. So enjoy.

Broiled Salisbury Steaks

1 lb ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
chopped onion or onion salt (optional)
1/2 cup milk
bread or cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine

Mix together beef, salt, pepper, onion, and milk. Form into one large steak or several small patties (I usually do the patties). Cover on both sides with crumbs. Place on a broiling rack and dot top with 1 tablespoon of butter. Brown under broiler. Turn and dot top with remaining butter. Brown under broiler. Serve.

No comments: