Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Invasion is Complete

Napoleon Dynamite has taken over our home. The chick was first to see it at a sleepover. She came home telling about this horrible movie that was soooo boring. That was actually enough for me. I had never heard of it and didn't care to now. But Hubby was curious. So later we rented it and watched it. We laughed so hard. It's no Gods Must Be Crazy but it comes in pretty close. So at Easter, I noticed it at work and went ahead and got it for a surprise for Hubby. While the chick was in North Carolina over Spring Break, we talked my son into watching it with us -- even though he disdained it because of what my daughter had said. He has now caught the bug. So Chick is all annoyed now because she can't get away from all the script lines that float through our days.

We have some history here. When my husband and I were dating, we went to see that Pauly Shore movie where he finds the caveman (played by Brandon Frazier) and I got to hear Pauly Shore imitations for about 3 months. That wasn't the first or last time. So I suppose the imitation thing is genetic and my son can't help it.

As we were leaving Target the other day, the dude gave us a Napoleon Dynamite "Gawsh!" which started a chain reaction of other imitations from my husband. And hey, I'll admit it, I even threw in a couple. My daughter suddenly threw her arms up and yelled, "What are you doing?!" of my son. He paused, then replied with the opening scene... "Gosh. Whatever I feel like doing. Leave me alone." in a very well done Napoleon accent. Hubby had opened his mouth to respond and managed to get out a gutteral noise before cracking up as Dude interrupted him with his great imitation. I couldn't help laughing too. Chick just put her head in her hands.

Fortunately, she's a good sport. And, well, she's had thirteen years to get used to our weirdness.

And she hasn't been able to keep from laughing a few times too.

I think it may be at us rather than with us though. But I'll take what I can get.

No comments: