Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday's Meal

This recipe is so good! I would love to claim it as my own but I can't. It came from an e-zine (email magazine) I receive called Real Food 4 Real People. The link will take you to the website and you sign up through a Yahoo group to receive it if you like. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you which issue it came from. It tastes an awful lot like a rotisserie chicken to me. It is slightly spicy (and I usually hate the least spicy food) but wonderful -- my kids even eat it up. I usually reduce the cayenne pepper and I NEVER have white pepper so I have never made it with that. I have also used chicken pieces (both with and without skin) but don't use only white meat or it will be dry. I hope you enjoy it.

Roast, Sticky Chicken

1 large chicken
1 small onion
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon thyme, onion powder, and cayenne pepper each
2 teaspoons paprika
4 teaspoons salt

Mix together the spices in a small bowl. Rinse off the whole chicken and pat dry. Rub the spices inside and out of the chicken. Place in a resealable bag and allow to "marinate" overnight (unless you're me and you don't think ahead enough to do that). Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Cut up a small onion and put the pieces inside the chicken. Bake uncovered at 250 for 5 hours. Begin basting after the first hour with the juices as they accumulate. Let chicken rest 10 minutes before carving.

No comments: